FAQ Detail: Read first

Upon writing this FAQ, I assume that the reader is both Christian and recognizes the authority of scripture. I understand that many visitors will be non-Catholic and, therefore, they will not accept the jurisdiction of the Church. This reason is why I focus on scripture as my source for theology. This FAQ will maintain common ground with our non-Catholic brothers and sisters. For those who accept neither the Church nor scripture as authoritative, I’m afraid there’s not going to be much for you here other than a better understanding as to why we Catholics believe what we do.

My reason for making this FAQ is not to convert anyone. I leave that to the Holy Spirit. My role as a Catholic apologist is to defend the Church and its doctrine. Therefore, this FAQ is meant to strengthen the faith of those who are already Catholic as well as addressing many misconceptions and misinformation that non-Catholics have heard about the Church. It’s important to me that prejudices between faiths are removed and replaced with understanding and tolerance for each other.

(1 John 2:11) Whoever hates his brother is in darkness; he walks in darkness and does not know where he is going because the darkness has blinded his eyes.

I, too, occasionally fall into the trap of prejudice and bias. I’ve put effort into the FAQ not to insult or assert anything offensive about others. If you find something that I have been a bit too liberal about, please bring it to my attention and I will attempt to word it in a more neutral way that still brings the point across.

This forum in which the FAQ is contained is not meant for discussion. Any discussion or questions can be posted in the forums for General Questions or Apologetics.